View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 08:00 AM

Digitizing a book requires a scanner and and some time and software. If you want the text to be "live" and editable as opposed to a picture, you will also need OCR Software, that will turn the text from a picture to live text that you can edit. The best way (speaking from experience) is to remove all the book pages (unbinding). This so you can lay them flat for perfect scanning. Then rebind the book for preservation.

You them separately scan photos and retouch. Then address the raw text that has been separated by the OCR software and proof for spelling errors (software isn't perfect). Then finally use a graphic art program to reassemble the book and print it out. But a heads up here. Most printed and online material is copy write to the author or creator. Any use of the material that is not owned my you and land you into legal problems.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations