Thread: Crossbows???
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Even if that's all true, why are you bothered by the thought of a guy with a horizontal bow with a pistol grip hunting a mile away in October? Why fight to take away an opportunity from a fellow hunter? And as some here have said in relation to bowhunting, there would be nothing stopping you from picking up a crossbow and enjoying...
I don't understand the comeback and I don't know why you would think any of what I said is false. If hunting in Oct with a crossbow is in the general season, I have no problem with that. You can't take away an opportunity that does not exist (crossbow hunting in the archery season). EVERYONE has the opportunituy to pick up a bow. Including crossbows in the archery season has has nothing to do with enlightenment, it's more to do with wearing down the status quo. Just like any controversial action, there is fierce opposition towards it, followed by more activism, followed by less fierce opposition, followed by fierce activism, followed by a numb opposition, followed by relentless activism followed by tolerance, acceptance...right or wrong. In the end all of the dominoes will have fallen and we will have crossbows in the archery season. The archery season will not resemble what it is now, in terms of tags and/or length of season. Fighting for crossbows will create less opportunity, not more. Until that time, I'm committed to ABC (Anything But Crossbows), in the archery season (with exemptions for handicapped and seniors).