View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357xp View Post

But before we do that iam offering SG a free tour of our line, and he has to pull his own weight and trap at least one wolf. There's also a 4 mile strech of trail that needs some serious chainsaw work, its all part of the deal.
Id gladly come out on my time off. Id like to see your trapping methods and maybe learn some things from you. I honestly would like to be able to see more of the trapping side from someone that has the knowledge.

And I ran chainsaw handcutting heli portable line in the foothills for a carreer right out of grade 11 for I think 4 years so im sure I should be able to figure out how to cut 4 miles of trail. Hmmm Guess it may be like cutting 20 - 30 miles of pack trail into new guiding areas much of which was done with an oxe head axe. Do I need to bring my own saws?

Funny how you seem to think you as a trapper are the only outdoor industry that works hard. Maybe I could return the trapping experience with a sheep guiding experience. You must trail in a string of horses after you have put the shoes on your string(usually 14 -16head so its not really much work) and preparing gear. Then head back in 20+ miles from the nearest road over a few days. The whole way clearing trail from the winter winds and snow. Once you get in to camp you then will need to replenish the wood supply for the next few months and enough to start the next season as well as open camp. New areas will need to be checked and new trails copped and marked as well old areas will need to be scouted and these trails also cleaned. All your gear to clear trails will need to be required to be carried on your saddle horse. Axe on one side of your saddle, chain saw in the rifle scabboard and gas oil and tools in your saddle bags if you take a saw. You must be able to climb a mountain every day. Be up at 4am to catch horses and saddle them all. Hunt all day getting back after dark. Then you will need to take care of the horses prior to eating or anything. If they require doctoring you will be required to take care of that as well. Shoes will need to be reset at intervals and you will be required to replace any that come loose or are lost. Then you must repeat this every day. You will be required to spot judge and harvest a ram feild dressing and caping then pack it back to camp. All the while taking care of a guy that is oiut of shape and has only ridden a horse twice if your lucky and keep him safe a few days ride back from the nearest road.

Im not sure but ill probably do ok at pulling my own weight!!! Hope the offer is still available this winter!!!!

Last edited by sheepguide; 10-12-2013 at 12:25 PM.