View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
Was out there last Thursday shooting my own broadhead target. I was actually hoping to catch somebody in the act. But I was there alone. It's really unfortunate that we have to go to these measures to protect our new targets. Thank you arrow dog for all the effort you have put in to our archery course. I never did end up shooting the 3-d course, and honestly after shooting my own target, I'm probably not going to shoot the target butts much anymore. The ease of pulling my field tipped arrows and the fact that my arrows weren't covered in the stuff from the ten test, has me ready to bring my own target out all the time. Plus I can set it up at yards instead of meters. Is there any way that we could raise some money to replace the ten test with pressed foam? I'd be willing to donate some extra money on top of membership fees. To help make that happen.
That's how I felt after I had a pass through at 50 that lost me an arrow, broad head dork mangled that target. Have a different set of 5 arrows that only get used on those targets, but lately I've been taking my own target to use practise broad heads and check my hunting arrows.

Can't imagine new targets are anywhere on the radar when people won't treat these ones respectfully.