View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
Was out there last Thursday shooting my own broadhead target. I was actually hoping to catch somebody in the act. But I was there alone. It's really unfortunate that we have to go to these measures to protect our new targets. Thank you arrow dog for all the effort you have put in to our archery course. I never did end up shooting the 3-d course, and honestly after shooting my own target, I'm probably not going to shoot the target butts much anymore. The ease of pulling my field tipped arrows and the fact that my arrows weren't covered in the stuff from the ten test, has me ready to bring my own target out all the time. Plus I can set it up at yards instead of meters. Is there any way that we could raise some money to replace the ten test with pressed foam? I'd be willing to donate some extra money on top of membership fees. To help make that happen.
Thanks for keeping an eye out. Tentest is a pain in the butt! However, we blew the budget for the new Reinhart targets this year. Meanwhile, we use Ivory soap on our arrows when shooting the target butts and seems a lot easier to get arrows out. Target butts were set up before we took over the archery director position and we too wish they had set them up in yards. We have been talking about possible ways to change this so it is one of the goals. Have to look into the foam butt idea. Have heard they retain a lot of moisture and can get mouldy. Anyway, hope you do get the chance next spring to shoot the 3D course. It's going to be more challenging next year!