View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
I think the email needs to be really clear and obvious that practice broadheads are not allowed on the spfga targets.

I'd almost be willing to leave a broadhead target in the sand for others to use... I'm just not confident it would still be there when I go to use it myself

Question regarding the no shooting after 8 pm sign at the gate. Does that include archery? I like to shoot in low light and during the summer it's still pretty bright out much later than 8. I figured it only referred to a noise aspect with firearms but didn't want to assume that. Never know if insurance would be affected or something
I think you will be very impressed with the mass email that has been composed. We put out an old 3D antelope/deer/elk thing? in the broadhead pit but apparently that isn't enough. There is also a tarpaper target holder that you can pull down and anchor to sight broadheads into the pit. As we know, many archers have been bringing their own broadhead targets out and using them instead.

But WHY?, after shooting the target butts would anybody take their broadheads out and shoot the 3D animals when they have to actually walk to get to them. This was deliberate and I don't think that putting broadhead targets out on the target range is going to deter these individuals. They don't belong in a club that has so many members that take pride in the facilities.

There is an executive meeting tonight and I will clarify then as to whether or not we are allowed to shoot after 8PM. I don't believe this will be an issue at all because the rule was put in place due to the excessive noise from the guns.