View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
I still think that extreme-range sniping is not a wise idea in game hunting and won't try it.
I prolly won't have the need either.

Not to say i won't learn what me and my gun is capable of 'just in case'.

And yes, after a dead stand when we are taking those 500 yrd shots at points of interest in the snow (twig, small rock, etc.) we haven't likely moved in at least 25 minutes and we know to get real comfy before we start calling as nothing worse than having to shuffle around because of legs falling asleep etc. and we always sitting with backs up against something and using shooting sticks.

I understand what many of you are saying...i'm not going to run up a mountain and without rest to catch my breath and then freehand a maybe legal sheep at 600 yrds lol. I think yall are gettin the impression i'm reckless or something...not so....cocky yes...reckless no.

All the gun shooting i've done in past 5 years has been dedicated to coyote hunting. Small critter, small kill zone. I don't freehand anything, i like hitting things where i aim, i'm a stationary target kind a guy. I'm not bad at stalking critters either...kinda used to being very close anyhow(30 yrds or less for my big game as i bowhunt only and i kill 90% of my coyotes inside 150 yrds)...but i still like to prepare as if the CONDITIONS ARE RIGHT then at least you have options....thats all i'm trying to say....and i think alot more guys are doing the same...prepare prepare prepare...might as well do the same for shooting also right...why leave that out when you prepare to the full extent on everything else?