View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 05:12 AM

went out with a buddy this weekend, hit up DEVILS(east on 37) on friday, no fish (i blame this on being ill prepared - we wer planning on going to cardiff lol) ICE WAS 6-8 inchesprobly only 2 inhes of good black ice... in the places we travelled (right of boatlaunch along weedline)....

on saturday we went and hittup DOHLBERG... road in was non existant (we wer first tracks since fresh 1-2ft of snow it seemed).. was a verrrry hairy 'GLIDE' in 4x4 the whole way.. really glad i got a level kit for my truck lol... dont think i would of survived pushing an extra 2 inches of snow.... prettymuch after first farmers cattle gate there was 1.5-2ft of snow on road and no tracks (could see one set that turned around previous to the snow) but we made it in.... parked at top of hill, walked down - minmum 1.5 ft of snow on lake probly more like 2.5 alot of places... ice was good 8-10 inches probly 50/50 good n white, but there was 2-3 inches of floodwater and slush under the snow.... action was decent... only one other group showed up all day .... and ofcourse when we left, at 4:30 by the time we got thru the snow field, and back close to barrhead it was raining.... downright pouring.. that made for a very interesting and LONGGGGGGGG (i thinkgot home around 830-9) drive/skate home... and i was only passed by about 4-5 cars the entire time... LOL .....on the way home to EDM andddd then on sundayyyyy

hittup CROSS.. i only showed my face for 2 hrs but there was 6-8 inches of ice, again probly 50/50 good /bad... and only 4-8 inches of snow.. no flood water!!! it was an amazing change from hiking in the snow / slush previous day!!!! action was decent again, 3 keeper pike for my 2 friends who wer there before me!! biggest was 30 inches i believe (dont quote me on that)

what shocked me (i know perhaps the ice was different / can change in places) but there wer ATLEAST 2 cars driving / drove on.... one Truck like mine.. newer style Silverado (mine is extended cab and gvr on door says 8400 or 8600 lbs)... and one jeep liberty..... these 2 are either really brave or just trying to win that race..... The worst part is the truck drove out parked and then walked about the same distance from his truck as he parked from shore to fish.... lazy lazy lazy but i supppose atleast he didnt just start drilling holes all around him....