View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
What is it you think needs regulated? Spears and atlatls must have a sharp cutting edge head..... is it even worth mentioning? Do we need a regulation to say that any knife used to dispatch a big game animal must be sharp? You are trying to make something of nothing.
I'm not trying to make something of nothing. I am trying to make a sensible suggestion in a forum where I assumed intelligent discussion could be made. So I will continue to assume that is what you are doing as well.
It doesn't matter what I think needs regulating. It matters what the larger group of us can come up with as reasonable regulations. We regulate calibre of bullets, arrow construction, and other things. Is it that preposterous to suggest regulating another weapon or two? I'm all for spears and atlatls. I'd like to try it too. But why is this thread turning into such an argument?
Maybe blade width, minimum length, density or mass, materials, manners in which the blade can be fastened? ? ? .... i'm sure more of us could come up with something appropriate better than I could on my own.