View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by odsixer View Post
Is there a mouth piece that will open up your airway instead of forcing air in there?
It depends, there are a whole bunch of things that can result in sleep apnea so you have to figure out what your root cause is. I was initially treated for standard Obstructive Sleep Apnea as I look like someone who should have this issue but it never really worked very well. A few years on my cousin started therapy, he's the same height as me but wouldn't hit 160 with his pockets full of rocks. Talking with our parents it became clear there's something that runs in the family, his dad and our grandfather definitely have similar issues. I'm pretty sure my father did as well so I'm getting it from both sides. When I tried tweaking my setup to mirror the therapy he was using I had way better results. I've also got a friend that sorted his problems with surgery on the soft palette too though so there's lots of options.

I would never give up my CPAP. I went from a tested AHI of 59 to an average of 2 over the last year. There's basically no way I can overstate the difference that's made in my life.