View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 06:14 PM

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea when I had my heart attack back in March. After my rehab, I was told by my Doctor to have the test. I went to a sleep clinic in west Edmonton. I took home the stuff to try and get the two nights worth of data. Which I did.

What bothered me was the hard sell that I was given before I had even done the test. The "nurse" seemed to be more worried about "prescribing" a $3000 machine and a $250 custom made mask even before I had even done the test. I had to endure a 45 minute sales pitch before she would give me the apparatus to do the test. Then when I gave it back to them, for a month I got bothered every second day with the high pressure sales putch over the phone. This was before I went to my doctor to see the results.

When I did see my doctor, I told him about this high pressure sales pitch. He suggested I try someone else. But by this time I was so sick and tired of being bothered by this clinic, that I gave up and decided not to persue it further. To me, the attitude of this clinic's employees reminded me of the snake oil sales pitches in the old west.

It may help me...yes. My doctor thinks it will too. But I am pretty disgusted with their behavior. They seemed to not care about me at all. All they wanted was my money and to sell me the most expensive machine and mask there was.

YMMV (I hope)