View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLab View Post
To start with ,you'll need a Magnum bolt head I'm thinking ,the 25/06 doesn't have that.Mag change also for feeding short fat cases.
Definitely will need to hand load for the Wildcat,sourcing specific cases and bullets in Canada may be problematic,pricey at best,that's if those Blackjack's or Hammer's are still available by the time you burn out that 25/06 barrel.
In short ,shoot the 06 you may be surprised how well it works for your intended purpose.
For an easier conversion I would be looking at the .270 Sherman long or just buy a Tikka in .270 Win.it will do every thing you're after,basically the same case and recoil factor anyway.

What you're asking about is a lot of chewing for a first bite ,if you get my drift.
My wife accuses me of that whenever I’m looking at getting into a new hobby, she typically isn’t wrong.

I like doing things from scratch and definitely prefer things that are a little oddball or unique. If the heavy for cartridge trend keeps up for the 25’s would the Tikka 270 WSM be an appropriate action to start with?