View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
If your going with the wildcat round your going to have to reload, your going to have to source all the standard reloading equipment AND all the wildcat equipment you need to construct the round. it can be a pain and costly to find wildcat dies and brass or having to make the brass and buying extra dies to make false shoulders and stepping brass down before fire forming. not to mention finding a gunsmith that has a reamer and go/no gauges for your build. if they don't have it you may also have to buy them to chamber the rifle once and then have a reamer and gauges sitting in your basement that you only used the one time. people don't usually go wildcatting on there first rifle there's a lot that you need to know and if you don't have someone to mentor you in person the task can be very difficult for someone just breaking into the sport. there also the back end costs like a range membership or driving out to the bush buying a crono so you can get the speeds of your loads wildcatting/reloading can be very resource heavy.

or you can just buy a factory chamber like 25-06 and buy rounds off the shelf and not have to worry about all the prep before you can even fire a round.

and lastly the game won't know the difference between the 3300fps 131gr blackjack bullet and the 100gr 3300 fps 25-06 bullets. I Knocked down a nice 5x6 bull elk with my 25-06 100gr load and he was drt and I won't hesitate to use it on moose either.
Thanks! I do appreciate the feedback and when I start into something I often go over the top. I do like to look down the road and set a goal to accomplish when I get into something that will force me to expand my knowledge base and there is definitely so much to learn!