View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 05:52 PM

Default Stauffer Creek under threat

Folks,

Contrary to what Border Paving executive told us at the first public meeting, they wish to expand their gravel extraction below the water table according to ACA mouthpiece, Let’s Go Outdoors.

A public meeting hosted by Border Paving will make a presentation at the Butte Community Hall November 28/19 5>8 pm.

Below is what arrived via the Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

From Let's Go Outdoors:

Breaking story:

Millions of conservation dollars and countless hours of work to improve stream bank and fish habitat along the North Raven River could go out the window.

Border Paving Ltd is proposing changes to their operation permit seeking to mine gravel below the water line.

Why is this significant?

The North Raven River is a spring fed river, it's soul source of water is provided by underground aquifers. The request by Border Paving to mine below the water line could have a significant impact on the under-ground water way, potentially cutting off the water source that provides the water to the river.

Open House

Border Paving will be hosting an open house Thursday November 28 at the Butte Hall from 5 to 8pm. If you are concerned about this proposal and the threat it poses to one of the top Brown Trout rivers in Alberta, I would encourage you to attend.