View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 01:50 PM

White is a dominant colour in bait fish ,so I use this colour 90 percent of the time,when attaching your swivel .tie it on and cut about four feet of line off then re tie the swivel to the end you just cut,this way when the fish is just below the ice your swivel lets you know where your fish is and not force him into the hole to fast,if you have five feet of ice cut 6 feet off,always buy good swivels,and don't go crazy on to heavy a line,i use 8 to 14 pound test,just set your drag well and your good to go.LakeTrout have softer mouths so if you horse them they rip the hook out if there is no give in your line when a big one makes a run,make sure your reel has plenty of line ,big trout take long runs and then another,so line choice is important.The cracklen rap does work well for lakers even better for big walleyes,there dozens of real good trout baits,i 3/4 once chartreuse green round jig with a good sizes minnow can do well,just remember on the drop to slowly drop it,givem a chance to grab it.i sometimes dip my white tubes in gulp juice for a couple seconds,that stuff does work,i have tested it on thousands of walleyes when I guide in the spring and summer.In some lakes not so good others real good.

Last edited by JD848; 03-15-2017 at 02:18 PM.