View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 03:40 AM

It seems odd that theres alot of over-lap between cartrages. This could be said about a good portion of them.

Give or take 50 to 100 ft-lbs energy over all spread in todays shooting distances of 50 to 300,,, maybe 4 or 500 odd yards.

Maybe the 308 to 30/06,,, 300 Win to Weatherby,,, 7x57 to 7mm-08,,, and a few others.

Would the ten ish 6.5 cartrages be pretty close,,,, maybe the seven 300 Mags,,, Five or Six 7mm Mags. Of course that's not saying that the mix/ match of 22 center fire cartrages don't have their family of closely related cartrages as well.

The young kid at camp said the same thing I said 40+ years ago,,, the old time thought this him self by in the 1960's.

A person would think that 5 or 7 cartrages would of filled our needs for all the critter we encounter here in North America,,, heck,,, even 1 cartrage could of got it done.

Splitting hairs at minimal differences with out major gains doesn't really seem worth while,,, oh well,,, I guess I'm looking at it the wrong way as normal.

Ha,,, 1 gun or more than 1,,, huuuuuuuum,,, now if I go gopher hunting next year with my full bore,,, then this might make it possible to by the 1 Gun dude after all. Ha.