Thread: Pushing Sales
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
didnt even realize BBJ's avatar was a logo, its too small to see anyways, find something else to beatch about!!!!! or like someone else said, get a life!!!
X2 that logo is so small in BBJ's avatar that you can't even read it!

This does make me think of a car audio forum I belong to. They have a vendor or sponsor membership that they charge a small monthly fee for. The vendors are then allowed to offer forum members their products and services.

Normally the vendor will make initial contact in an open thread, and then dealings are taken to PM. The vendors aren't allowed to openly flog their shop/business around or anything like that, but they are allowed to offer deals to forum members.

Maybe something like this would be an option for sort of a 'happy medium'.

Just as an example, The Reel Doctor does have some great deals, and offers services that are hard to come by. This way he would still be able to offer his services/products to forum members while kicking back a little to the operators as well. Everybody wins?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams