View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipergts118 View Post
If all you need to use it for is twoing your boat than getting a V-8 might be pointless. Yes you will get better millage towing with a V-8 but you will also get worse millage all year round when your not towing. I used to have a 2006 Tacoma and used it to tow my 18 foot 5000lb travel trailer and it towed it great. The millage did suck but the percentage I drive the vehicle all year round and get good millage without a trailer compared to the millage I lost towing with a smaller engine didn't make up the difference. I now own a Tundra 5.7 and the millage is great towing but not much better when i'm not. I spend a lot on gas all year round now. All depends on your usage.
I'm in the same boat as i'm shopping for a new tow vehicle this year.

I agreed that i do not need a v8 full size pick up to tow my 17 lund, but the price difference between a full size pick up and the mini-pickup (Tacoma, colarado, etc) is so close that it will a better buy to get a full size.

Was also thinnking to get a full size SUV to do the job, but after seeing the price tag, I think i'll go buy a nice truck for $40,000