View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
I use an ancient 12 CF Maytag chest freezer that refuses to die...travels well in the back of the pickup or on my open trailer. It held the 460# of vacuum sealed moose meat easily. And the Honda EU1000i generator starts and runs it fine.
I can pick up a 15 cf chest freezer scratch ‘n dent for about $500. I have a couple of Champion 2600v inverters. I would bring one of them with me.

Is there somewhere in Manning where I could buy some big Igloo ice chests if I needed them, or do I need to bring them with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertacoyotecaller;4710709[B
]I would travel through the US as much as you can to save on travel costs.[/B] I don’t think you will have much issue with your truck on the Chinchauga to km 100 hill in 2 wheel drive. From km 100 onwards, could potentially be the issue but your outfitter should be right there to help you. I work/hunt down the Chin road quite often and live in Peace River. If you need help, contact me on here.

Have a good hunt.
Great point about the costs. How much are you paying for diesel these days?

Quote:
I would bring the 06 with good 180-200gr bullets if wolf is on the menu as well.
The 06 has BuffaloBore 168 gr lead free Barnes TTSX moving at nearly 3,000 FPS. Supposed to be able to knock down anything in N. America.