Thread: Pheasant 2018
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envitro View Post
Ugh, got up at 6am, headed to Hopewell only to not even get a sniff at a bird.
The dog worked the field like crazy for 3 hours and had some points, but the birds must have been there earlier and were gone by the time we got there.
She found a handful of kill sites but no birds.
We left by 9:30am and a guy that was just pulling up was figuring that the release truck was going to be there around that time. Good luck buddy!

I'm 0/2 now. I guess I have to pay someone off to figure out when these damned trucks are releasing birds so that I know if I'll even have a chance at a bird since Hopewell gets hunted out within 12 hours.

This is the only Calgary-area release site (unless you want to drive almost 2 hours) and it's kind of frustrating when it's all hunted out same day most of the time. Even when I get there mid-week there are lots of trucks out, which on one hand is fantastic, but also a bit frustrating.

Sorry all. Vent session over...
Sometimes when we go out hunting we return home empty handed. That's the nature of hunting.
If you are willing to spend some money in order to improve your chances of success, I would suggest you contact WW Birds. You'll get more for your money there than you will by attempting to bribe someone to do something they are not supposed to do and you won't run the risk of insulting anyone in the process.