Thread: Fishing Trip
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0wn View Post
Hey Gents! I need some ideas on an epic father son fishing trip for this summer. Both of us are in good physical condition. I live in Edmonton and would prefer something within driving distance lets say up to 20 hours. That being said a short haul flight isn't out of the picture. Tentative time would be up to 1 week in July.

I am definitely open to guided or adventure type ( bundled with another activity).

Thanks in advance!
Leave Edmonton very early in the A.M.. Drive 16 hours to the Prince Rupert ferry terminal and get on a 11pm ferry (spend the few extra bucks for a private room and bath). Wake up clean and refreshed at 6 AM on Haida Gwaii. Rent a short term house from airbnb for 5 nights. It's very easy to book a local guide to take you out for the day. Drop your catch off at local processor and they will cut, wrap and freeze in any size you choose.
You could do this every day you're there, try different guides, or just go crabbing and clamming on the beach yourself. Lots of local rivers if you would like to fish the freshwater for trout.