View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koleswrath View Post
Thanks for the input, I've increased my search radius to 500km but man, driving out to Saskatoon to look at a boat would put a little more pressure on me to buy it even if there were some issues with it that I wouldn't typically accept if it were local. I guess if the price is right it makes sense.
That is where you have to be willing to walk away if it isn't exactly what you wanted. I did a lot of online communication with the owner of the boat I was looking at. Discovered they were the original owners and got lots of pictures. Told them that I was interested but as the boat was listed a month before my trip, that I knew I couldn't ask them to hold it so if it was still online when I showed up I'd get back in contact with them. When we got over there they were nervous to sell because they wanted it to go to a good home. When they saw my wife and son get out of the truck the owner ran inside to get his wife and they were ecstatic it would be going to a young family. They come over from Minnesota and fish Montana once in a while. Told him to look me up and if he ever wanted to take it out fishing he was more than welcome.