View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 07:35 PM

I like it so far. It kicks less than my .30-06, and as you mentioned, the ballistics are awesome. It weighs a bit more than my older Savage .30-06 with the synthetic stock, which is good. The -06 kicks like a donkey when I run Hornady Light Mag ammo through it. The power and trajectory of those in 165 gr Interbonds brought down 2 moose, an elk and several deer for me. I only found one bullet in one moose, and It performed like a magazine ad.

I wanted something different. I like a detach mag (-06 had none), I like a flat shooter with lots of punch left at longer range. (just in case) and I wasnted something that kicked a bit less than the -06. Also, I'm usually only getting 1 1/2" groups with my -06, and that's not good enough for me. So far, even afer only 2 boxes, and considering I ran those through a break-in and clean routine, I'm happy with 3/4 to 1 1/4". I know they will get better. My .223 was the same.

I have a Nikon 4-16X42 Monarch with the BDC reticle on its way to me right now. I put a 3-9X40 Legend on it for the initial break in and test because I couldn't stand to leave it in the safe any longer.

Look at it this way, at $530, if you don't dig it, you won't likely lose any money of you resell it. I buy all my gas at Crappy Tire, so I had a pile of Crappy Tire money. Mine only cost me $324 after I cashed it all in

You can't beat that!