View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoplex View Post
His points regarding race were valid. Every time a poaching thread starts here, some racist hick blunders in about "damned asians" and "bloody immigrants".

There have been 2 recent threads that I've reported. Not the OP of the thread, but some dim witted responder later on. Lefty actually tried to take race out of the equation on his recent post, but that didn't stop some knuckle-dragger from wading in with some racist BS.
I think your "damn wrong" and "bloody mistaken".

I don't remember the last time that asians were actully attacked as a race. Yes, they have been discriminated against by many people (as being the only race who poach) which is WRONG, but I dont belive they are frequently attacked on a public forum. MOST of the time that they ARE mentioned on these forums, is when describing a group of poachers. I honestly see no problem using race to describe someones physical characteristics. If i was describing poachers i would be just as willing to say "20 y/o-ish white male" and i would "old asian man" or "middle aged black woman". Like it or not the color of ones skin IS a great way to describe them to fellow outdoorsman AND the authorities.

Maybe that makes me a "racist hick"

Just my 2 cents
'frenzy

EDIT: Blast shields activated............

Last edited by FishingFrenzy; 05-29-2011 at 05:35 PM.