View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 02:52 AM

I never have any issues with any airport security. I cant remember a time that I havent approached one of them with a smile on my face due to the person in front or a few in front of me who did something dumb. and just said something like, people eh.

they usually smile back and nod, no orders or anything. Needless to say I believe a lot of the issues with airport security are due to the not so frequent/new fliers. Living abroad i flew home to Canada 3 or 4 times a year, usually passing through international security 3x on the way through other countries. There is always more than one person who leaves metal on, or doesnt know to take out their laptop.

When I'm in line i pretty well have belt undone, shoes untied, laptop bag open ready to remove laptop, and my pockets empty(which i usually just dump change/keys/phone into a pocket on my laptop bag for easy access to replace it back into my pockets after the scan.

No one in my way I can have all my stuff into 2 bins and into the scanner in less than 30 seconds easy. on the other side i grab all my stuff and leave the area to redress away form the cluster.

One thing I have noticed in all the airports ive been in, is that in Canada they have staff in the lines constantly telling people about laptops, things not to bring on the plane, to have boarding pass and passport handy, metal objects and even zip locs for items that need them, etc. Even people that are new to this, can be ready. But in the US and other countries it seems they expect everyone to be a frequent flier and know what to do, which just leads to the frustration of constant issues.

SO after all that, back to the original reason for the post, simply having a couple courteous staff around and in the line to remind people of things a dozen or so people before the actual scanner, would solve a lot of issues.

That or add a line for those that know whats going on, and leave the regulars to beep away with a bunch of rookie customs agents in charge.