View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
So Cody does bait for whitetails but his success rate is actually poor in comparision to his mule deer accomplishments.. What does this tell our community ? Cody is an amazing sportsmen with a passion for all species, but continues to struggle with the jumpers year after year, employing the same techniques as these part time others who get it done year after year

If "baiting" was the ticket, well I am pretty certain Mr. Robins would be show casing many a 200 inch purdy deer as opposed to the giants with big ears...
its the old thing ive been saying for years....dumb mules vs smart whitetails. even a guy with a proven track record and a full time job hunting cant cosistently produce a giant whitetail....but no problem with the donkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
I take it you don't watch CWT on the hunting channel, either their smarter than the average Joe or they have a more powerful attractant! They sure seem to have it figured out because they kill some Monsters on that show!!!!!
its hands down my favorite show on wild. you might be easier to impress than i am though. the team is somewhere around 14 members if i recall. on each of their first two seasons, i have seen several real good bucks taken, with a couple truly great bucks to boot.

i know of a few single albertans that do no use bait whose past 14 years could be described every bit as good or better. ill say it again....pouring a bucket of grain on the ground is no magic pill for killing a big buck.

as for the whole cwd discussion.....i cant believe there are so many uneducated hunters given the half dozen multi page threads that have shown all the facts known about the disease on this forum. i wont bother again. anyone who doesnt have the facts by now doesnt want to be bothered to learn them.