View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:36 PM

I'd love to see baiting legalized. Too many times I've ended up battling other hunters on private land who either don't have permission, have permission and drive through the entire field everyday, or hunters who ignore your parked truck in the entrance of a field and walk in anyway. In reality, a big nice oats field is nothing but a giant bait pile anyway so why not spread out hunters and decrease pressure in concentrated areas by allowing guys to bait. When I go out hunting, I'd love for once not to be bothered by other guys. I go out to hunt to get away from people, not to be followed. I'd love to be able to work on an area back in the bush away from everything and begin baiting early on and hunting deer that are coming in consistently. I look at it like a capitalist market. Guys who spend lots of time baiting and scouting will have better opportunities at better deer. I think it's a natural progression to allow baiting with the large increase of hunters over the past 15 years. It seems like everyone wants to be a hunter nowadays and it's harder to hunt for big deer in fields that are being bombarded and stunk up by guys who kill everything that move. I hope that by the time I have kids and it's time to spend time in the field with them, I wont have to worry about the influx of idiots out there who disregard everyone's safety.