View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 05:34 AM

boobypetrolia, that is exactly what some us are are saying here.
I cannot speak to whether or not CWD will spread if baiting is allowed or not, but I do know that baiting is legal in several provinces, and like Qisley stated, there are loopholes and cloudy areas on what some people consider baiting, legalizing it would remove these.
As was also stated, it doesn't automaticlly mean that you will get a 200" white tail just because you have bait out, those that think this are very misinformed IMO.

It alsos does not mean that everybody is going to start baiting , but those that tresspass for poaching purposes will contibue to do so, they will start be doing it near someone's bait staion if baiting is made legal, same as bear baits.
I think the pictures that people see of a mess of deer over a bait are mostly in the States where the populations are quite bit higher than in Alberta, but I may be wrong.
Either way, it's one of these topics that some people will argue with facts, but most just argue using their own ideas, be they right or wrong.
Cat