Thread: Cz 858
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlife72 View Post
How does the CZ 858-2 compare to the SKS and Ruger Mini 30 from both an accuracy and mainenance perspective? Is there actually a solid way to mount optics to the CZ?

I'm not really into the SKS but at about $200 - $250 it seems like good bang for the buck.

On the other hand a Ruger Mini 30 retails for around $900 and although I prefer them to the SKS this seems a bit much to pay for a rifle that will primarilly be used to burn through a bunch of cheap surplus ammo.

The CZ at around $650 - $750 seems like it might be a nice middle ground.

The CZ-858 is actually a very accurate rifle, and I'm very impressed with it using M43 Czech surplus. The SKS is accurate as well. I'd buy a new in grease Chinese SKS before a refurbed russian....for a shooter. The refurbed russians I've had didn't have the nicest condition barrels. For the price the Chinese sks seems the way to go. Between the 2 I'd go with the 858 every time. Although not chrome lined, unless you find a VZ-58L, they are easy to clean after shooting corrosive ball ammuntion. Mounting optics would be easier with the 858, check out NEITARMS. com for handguards or the QD optics rail, etc. really cool stuff made here in Canada.

Ryan

Last edited by Chargerguy; 08-28-2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Additional info