View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 07:21 PM

Default Alllmmmooossst There

Well, got the canvas on and fastened this evening.

My only problem now is that the roof spreader pole I planned on using is 3 pieces of 2" abs held by couplers, but it won't straighten out enough to hold the walls apart. Just bends.

SO... anyone have any ideas? What I'm trying to achieve is to have somthing that collapses down to fit in my 5' truck box. I'm thinking about trying to find some more heavy duty extending tent poles or tarp poles, and using 3 of them to spread the load out.

All I have left to do is put some canvass 'blinds' for the windows, and a better latch on the inside of the door to keep it shut better.

For the bottom, I left a 1' strip to put snow on top of to keep it down. I might use a few grommets to bring it to attach to the floor, but we'll see how it goes.

It's not light, probably close to 180lbs or so. I can lift it, but it's awkward. But as you can see it packs down to about 6" deep.

All in all I'm happy, just have to figure out the wall spreading thing...

I also thought about using ropes and ice anchors to pull the walls apart. That still doesn't keep the roof from sagging, so still need a ridge pole regardless.

Anyhow, thoughts would be appreciated guys.