View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
Which is complete BS. I'd be more concerned about the guy in the back seat with a gun pointed at the officer the whole time. That is more likely than a driver doing something. If I approach my vehicle to talk to my wife, I can see perfectly what she is doing inside (with the window up). If this was such a big LEO safety thing, you'd think the most dangerous places in N.A. wouldn't allow it (texas/cali/NY/etc.).

Personally some laws (including this one) really need to be revisited (justified).

Majority of the time LEO's will not ticket you for tinted windows unless you did something else to attract their attention (unless of course there's an equipment violation sting that week).

Why have tinting laws been put into place with respect to motor vehicles?

Law enforcement officers are always nervous when approaching a motor vehicle with unknown occupants. They want to be able to see the driver and the occupants. This way they can identify the driver and occupants and allows them to see if there are any weapons in the vehicle or unusual behaviour from any of the occupants. Reduced tinting provides them with a comfort level they feel they need to perform their jobs, when pulling over or approaching motor vehicles

Taken from the book "Traffic Ticket Book"