View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Fred bear had a deer flip right around after he released an arrow and hit it on the opposite side of where he was aiming with his bow.
I had an arrow hit a deer sideways once when the wind was gusting. Shot was inside 25 yards .
Deer have been know to " jump the string" actually crouch at the shot and have the arrow hit high or go right over them.
I have seen deer move just as a hunter shot and get hug badly as well , but that was at 200. Interestingly enough , I have never seen it happen at long distance but I am sure it does.

Birds can do weird things in flight as well.
I don't like shooting at running game but have several times - shots were all well inside 75 yards however .
Cat
I had the same experience as Fred , shot a whitetail doe at 40 yds with my bow , not a breath of wind and very quiet . Upon releasing the arrow she began her duck and spin and it was the longest few seconds of my life as I saw her spin and take the arrow behind the shoulder on the opposite side that i had been aiming for . No long distance on a critter is not for me especially with a bow .