View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 06:44 PM

After a few purchases, and returns.... I found a nice battery from Interstate. 210 reserve minutes, 160 bucks. I originally purchased an Optima, but at 250 bucks all I got was 140 reserve minutes. So I returned that one.

I ran my 50lb MinnKota all weekend, and it was still going strong at the middle of today when I pulled my canoe from the lake, despite the battery level reading low/recharge.

So here is a twist to this situation. Camping far away from electricity has left me with either hauling a buncha batteries, short fishing trips... or a generator OR solar panel to recharge my cells. I just don't think that to "run" my motor, I need to rely on internal combuston to charge my cells.... Sooooo....

Does anyone run a solar panel on their RV? or to charge these big deep cycle cells??? Cambodian Tire sells a large panel for a hundred bucks......Use it or lose it? --- On another note If I hook up my 12V to my tent trailer without a generator, can I also add a solar panel to the system to keep the cell up to power by charging it during the day, when the least amount of electricity is being used?? Or do I have to isolate the cell, and sharge it seperatly from my trailer system... Any help guys would be greatly appreciated!!