View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Banned

Getting the bug again big time myself. Its been just over a month since I was out west on the Hali trip and I am feeling the call again big time.

Not to sure were I am heading this summer, we were thinking of hitting Nootka in August and may still do that or back to Sooke. I do like Sooke it has treated me well over the years and I do know the waters well so that helps. But I do know that Nootka can produce some unbeleivable fishing. The last time I was there about 4 years ago by the 3rd day of a 5 day trip we were releasing multiple 25# & 30# Chinook a day cause we had enough.. I have been looking into a couple lodges around Nootka that offer do it yourself opurtunities where you can bring your own boat and groceries makes it very affordable. That is one thing about Sooke and where we stay at Sunny Shores it is very affordable. By all acounts its supposed to be a decnt year for Chinook and if nothing else it is a Pink year ( pesky little buggers ) so there should be lots of action.

One thing is for sure is that the wife is not coming,, she has had enough Slamon fishing for a while she is taking a year off. So when I do head out it will be a stag trip. Hopefully my oldest son will make it out and probably just one other person and it will be just a 5 or 6 day trip this year strictly fishing though,,, should be fun.

Best of luck to all this year and do not forget the camera's at home guys,, lets see those pics..