View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Going in the field with a camera is most definitely not hunting. Hunting is a blood sport and a camera sheds no blood. I have no interest in killing a ram every two years but I do not want my opportunity to hunt them taken away.
I think this right here pretty much sums things up. What is hunting then TJ because by the sounds of you hunting is killing. If the main reason of someone heading to the mountains on a sheep hunt is to pull the trigger than that right there is the biggest issue we are facing.
Hunting in our mountains should be for the enjoyment of being out there not if you can kill 5 or 6 rams.
If all these great sheep hunters are so worried about being out there hunting maybe you all should help some guys that havent got the experence that you do. You would still be HUNTING as you stated or is it that then you wouldnt be able to pull the trigger and shed some blood.

The statement about non residents then getting the sheep was covered too when i stated that they should at least drop non resident tags in zones with 8 tags to 4 or what ever. If we get lower tags or more years than non residents need to be adjusted too.

Ive killed two rams for myself in 21 years of sheep hunting(a just legal ram when I was 15 and a 170 when I was 17) and will only ever shoot one more(a big broomed older ram). Thats 18 years of hunting sheep every year without pulling the trigger and have enjoyed every year just as much. And lots of hunts I go on are stricktly to see if I can help a buddy or some one get their first ram. This gives me as much pleasure as me pulling the trigger.

With all these guys saying that they just wanna be able to shoot then we will never come up with possible solutions to improve quality or quanity.
SG