View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 02:14 PM

Have researched the Alberta Gov't sites pertaining to Southern Saskatchewan Regional Plan. Found lots of reading and information. Tried to enter Public Consultations to find when more meetings and/or information will be held or available. Was this the run around! Circle back and forth, then to page that's not available, yet a phone # to contact.

This topic affects every one in Alberta. So the question I am raising is why does it seem to have been done in a hush hush fashion. I would think every group that was in the know would have in one way shape or form publicly advertised or solicited involvement from their groups, members, public, customers etc.. This site for example, it appears, which I'm amazed, the effort wasn't made to notify it's members and inform them of the events taking place. Just as the sporting goods stores, OHV dealers, 4x4 clubs, Alberta Fish and Game etc. did not appear to make effort to get the information out to the public which will have direct implications to them.

I know, I know, not all information can be placed where others will trip over it to see it. Just thought, being this affect all outdoor enthusiasts in Alberta there would have been more effort made to involve more like minded people that supported whichever group the in the knows were involved with.

I'm disappointed in myself for not realizing this was all taking place and for not being a watchdog.

Now that I may have scared a few with ignorant opinion, please, any of the in the knows that have information regarding upcoming consultations, meetings, work sheets and/or ways that may effect the outcome of the Southern Saskatchewan Regional Plan, make the effort to make it more public knowledge.

Thanks