View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayf01 View Post
You mention a second valve on the hot water tank? What valve is that? I only have the one on the outside (drain plug) that I was going to open up and leave it unplugged for the winter. I'll close both the inlet and outlet pipes to the hot water tank as well and just leave it dry (no anti freeze in it).
I'm trying to remember what it is set up like on ours. Hubby knows better than I do.

Our trailer is a 2002 Outback 25fb.

On ours there is some sort of valve on the back of the tank that is connected to a clear hose the exits the trailer through the floor. We didn't open this, and the tank didn't completely empty through the drain plug on the outside of the trailer . . . which we thought it would completely drain through (based on our trailer's manual).

Apparently, we needed to open that second valve on the back of the tank to relieve air pressure in the tank to allow all of the water to exit through the drain valve. I'm not sure why the second valve is connected to a hose: maybe some water could escape through it?

Or something like that. The details are pretty fuzzy, and I'm not very smart when it comes to this stuff. We were smart enough to leave the drain plug out, but with a bunch of water left in the tank that didn't save us.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.