View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 04:20 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
All very true, and why I've had my own company since 2002. The good does outweigh the bad.

The best piece of wisdom on this thread is from Ken. Take it very seriously. The CRA has ZERO sense of humor. Pay them first. Pay them on time. Never give them a reason to take a second look at you. Don't play 'silly buggers' with them and do work 'for cash', it's just not worth it. I have customers ask me if I will 'cut them a deal for cash'....Nope. I usually reply that if they pay immediately on completion, I will discount the job the equivalent of the 5% GST from the invoice, it's worth it to get paid quickly. Don't do cash deals.

Without exception, every shady tradesman I have met who is trying to work and fly under the CRA's radar, has gotten caught, and it's not pretty. I know one old painter, he is in his mid 70s, and he will not be able to quit work till he drops dead over his roller. Sad.
Ooooh great point!! It always amazes me when people talk about wanting to open a business so the can "write everything off" etc... People don't realize how screwed they will be if they mess with Revenue Canada! It just isn't worth it...
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23