Thread: Banning C&R
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
I remember this topic before, but could you provide a link to one of the studies?
Post a link? I can barely post a picture. lol The latest BC fishing regs have a few paragraphs that talk about the studies done (BC is much more serious about things pertaining to fishing), and I'll give you guy's the page # when I figure out where I put the booklet. I also read an article with similar info. on a respected website (ACA?).
From personal experiance I have found that barbless hooks get swallowed deeper when using worms or minnows for bait. I prefer to set the hook when it is still in fish's mouth, rather then when it is in throut or gullet.
The only good thing that I can see from using a barbless hook is that it is often easier to remove the hook once you have caught your fish.
I tried buying some factory barbless hooks in Edmomton before I went Turkey hunting in April, and only the Fishing Hole had some. Even if you file or pinch a barbed hook to make it "barbless", you still run the risk of getting a fine for using a barbed hook.