Thread: Banning C&R
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
Thank you for the laugh. So who where these retards that did this study,suppose your going to tell me it was Brain Chan.
Catch and release was developed by fly fisherman for use with single shanked hooks,not treble hooks or bait fisherman or even gear chuckers
Ya show me a link i would love to see what a group of total idiots looks like.
Laugh all you want, it doesn't mean your right. Besides I am simply passing along the info. and personal experiances. I tried googling the the BC regs for that report, but got lost. I did google Barbed vs Barbless hooks and most articles were quite old and subjective, not scientific. Even those that are pro barb say that barbless hooks will "slide and slice" a fish's mouth more then a barbed hook.
It's funny how some people will hold onto old beliefs even when new data might prove otherwise. I'm sure there are more studies being done on the whole barbed vs barbless question.
I'm not saying your right or wrong, and if they change the law back to barbless, then I will fish barbless or risk a fine. I would like to see some real scientific evidence that suggests one way or another. Latest studies say that there is no real difference as far as fish mortality when it comes to barbed or barbless. Yes I am still looking for that new info. that I read.
Quite honestly, I firmly believe that it is the way fish are handled by anglers after being landed or netted that causes the highest mortality rate.
By the by, I have never heard of Brian Chan.