View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR Fisher View Post
This post was more to just re-assure people that there are definitely big fish in Wabamun if you know where to look and have a bit of luck!

I definitely believe that the pike fishery in Wab is definitely on the decline, this fall out of almost 100 fish landed combined between me and others on two different trips, we caught maybe 5 pike and only one was worth mentioning which is the beast that you will see soon!
I think most of us still know there is the odd big pike in there, the guys like myself that you see complaining about what Wab is like now are complaining because you didn't use to need luck. You used to catch a nice pike every trip or two if you knew what you were doing and I am talking someone like myself limited with a kayak, the guys with boats and knowledge used to land multiple good ones in a day of fishing. You used to be able to go out there and target big pike with big lures and have a good day, now if you try that more often then not you end up just washing your lures...

Imagine near the same quality of fishing as it is now but instead of catching 14 inch walleye you were catching 24+ inch pike and 30-40 inchers being a regular occurrence. That is what wab used to be like.

Anyone claiming it hasn't changed must be smoking some pretty strong stuff or has only fished it the last 3 years...