View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 09:40 AM
Banned

Default Northern King Lures..They’re Back!!

I had been reading for over a year in snippets here and there that the Len Thompson lure company had purchased the rights, molds etc to Northern King Lures and they would be available summer of 2017. I signed up at Len Thompson for email updates and yesterday received my first email with info on the current selection, pricing and availability of the newly introduced Northern King lures. Within minutes I placed an order. I can’t wait for open water now to chase trout with these new NK lures. We caught hundreds and hundreds of great lakes salmon and trout and trout in small inland lakes with the originals years back. If these new lures are as good as their predecessors my order yesterday will be the first of many as more colours and patterns are added. I am betting these will be highly effective on Cold Lake. I always remove the trebles and replace them with large single siwash style hooks. I will be getting a set of barbless singles to make C&R much easier on the fish to be released. If you have never run NK lures I encourage you to give them a shot. They were always great producers in our boats.
A pic of me circa late 90’s with a small Lake Ontario chinook that was caught on an NK Mag in Green Dolphin.
The lure in the pic is watermelon, it was deadly on Lake Huron North Channel bows.

https://youtu.be/go4nPmiuQBc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B27A2860-71CE-4245-9207-B6DD2AE65EAE.jpg (12.2 KB, 317 views)
File Type: jpg 57E2458C-9D4C-424B-BE1E-782CDE69F01B.jpg (17.6 KB, 326 views)

Last edited by The Spank; 02-08-2018 at 09:49 AM.