View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 04:55 PM

i promised myself i wouldn't stick my nose into this one but it bothers me to no end. mr knight didn't set out that day to mete out his own brand of justice. he was going about his day and then he came upon some thieves that were ripping him off. what happened after that was done at the spur of the moment and he was probably running on adreniline. thoughts run through your head pretty fast in a situation like that, he may have thought "what if my wife had stumbled onto this?" more anger than reason would surely take over. how dangerious are these guys? i don't want to be a statistic..he grabbed a shotgun and tried to protect his own.
now consider the law, we don't have a right to shoot bad guys or even threaten to shoot them. the police have to respond to each call and gauge the appropriate amount of danger each situation envolves. should they shoot their weapon, use spray or a tazer will they be up on charges?
now consider the criminals, they just have to know the law and how to cry in front of a judge and they get off with a slap.
there are no winners here.
unless 12 of us are called as jurors...