View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vor Techs View Post
I have read a few past threads in the outdoorsman forum in regards to Vortex products. I have only found a couple in which the owners had an issue with the product. But, the real issue is that they did not take advantage of our warranty, and instead complained that there was an issue and did nothing about it.

Vortex is very proud of the products we put out for our customers. I want everyone here to know that although we try to make the highest quality of optics possible,if you do have a piece of vortex equipment and it is not functioning properly, please send it to us and we will be happy to look at it for you. Most times we can repair the item here in Canada or it might be needed to go to the USA for a major repair. We look at each case individually, and if it is needed and in the customers best interest we will replace it. The only cost to you the customer is to ship the item to us. We look after return shipping it back to you.
It is very important to know that we are here to help you and to ensure you the customer are happy with your purchase. However, if you do not speak up and let us know if there is a problem, we wont be able to help you. So, if you do have an issue let us know and we will make it right. We want to keep you effective while your in the field.

Thank You
Reg
I give you full credit for being willing to enter the lions den and face the end users of your products in public. That said, I too own Vortex product. I too have had to use the warranty to fix product defects on each scope. Not one of the scopes I bought didn't require fixing. While the warranty service was very good I no longer have Vortex on anything I need to rely on 100%. Of the people I know that own or have owned Vortex scopes and binnocualrs I do not know one that has not had to use the warranty.

I have other scopes with Lifetime no quibble warranties, specifically Leupold and Nightforce. I have never had to send anything back to them that I didn't break myself through accidental damage, drop from up high, horse roll over etc. I in fact had one that got hit so hard it bent the tube and cracked the glass in the objective. The scope continued to hold zero after being reset and I got my animal later in the week, then sent the scope back. Some of the scopes we have are over 40 years old. Of all my associates I only know one who had to return a Leupold scope for a manufacturer defect that caused it to be unusable. I don't know anyone who had to return a Nightforce but then there are a lot less of them out there.

I believe you need to focus less on the Warranty and advertising and FAR MORE on building a robust scope that works and will stand up to 40 years in the field.