View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 07:57 PM

Take a bus! Invest the $ in a Us Equity fund. don't **** your cash away on insurance. Better yet if you have to get a ride. Take a taxi, or bum a ride off a friend. $6000.00 out of your disposable income. Crazy. $6000.00 x tax rate 1.35 = $8100.00 of your gross income. That is only for the liscence. What about the cost of truck, fuel, maintenance, etc. Not even including depreciation. .
Don't drive, unless someone pays you to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *BigSexyHunter* View Post
So I finally decided to buy myself a brand new F-150.

Im 18, male, licensed in 2011, I have been in one $6000 accident, no other offences.

I went to the local dealership, looked at trucks, worked out all my financing, and took it for a test drive to the insurance place(s). $8500 a year.... (Thats with a $2000 deductible on collision, $2,000,000) That works out to more than the truck payment. Both insurances companies (A local broker and the co-operators) seemed very surprised it was so high. This is for full coverage as is required to finance a vehicle.

This is damn robbery, theft, BULLS**T.

How do they expect somebody who is 18 & living alone to afford this? Mommy & Daddy? Not me. Its not like I could not afford it, but I wouldn't be living very comfortably. AND this is me having a very good job. I cant even imagine how somebody going to school could afford this.

Im just wondering if anybody has had a similar experience,
and if anybody would know a sneaky way to get this price WAY down?