View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMountainMusic View Post
While everyone is entilted to their opinion ill respect yours but i disagree, i would like to know who this professional experts is you are referring to? Any names? I agree there are ways to be more reponsible ways if using poison but clearly they are not.

91 ravens, 36 coyotes, 31 foxes, 8 marten, 6 lynx, 4 weasels and 4 fishers tells me they are not choosing areas where fur bearers aviod and i can tell you an 8 day check is not even close to being responsible with poision, but you said you have been involved so maybe thats why you have these opinions. I know of a poison in farm country where they are checking everyday. So my opinion is they are absolutely NOT doing this in a responsible way and have way too many non target kills even with only the ones they claim let alone the ones that are not!
How many bait sites are your numbers from? How big of an area? If that is all the non target kills over several WMU's and say over 40 plus bait stations those are very low numbers. If those numbers are from 2 or 3 townships and maybe a dozen bait stations then I would have to say they are high.