View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagalaz View Post
Great tutorial.

Is that a Deerstalker or a Trade Rifle that you are using?

I picked up a .50 calibre Deerstalker flintlock in December & man am I loving it. Much more fun than firing modern rifles.

I am using Goex 3F for the main charge, I tried Pyrodex but it didn't seem to work for me as well as the real black powder does.
That is a TC Renegade in .54 cal.That is my friends rifle and the one that got me hooked on shooting BP. I looked for over a year to find a TC Hawken in .54 cal. Here it is

As well I have a Hawken in .50 cal. The 50 hasnt been fired since 1987 when the owner passed away.That was till I got ahold of it,just 3 months ago.It has converted a buddy of mine to black powder traditional shooting as well as a 12 year old friend fired it and had a big grin after.All I fired last year was BP. I didnt put a round out of any of my modern rifles,not even a .22

Thanks to who ever stickied this,next up will be a tutorial on how to clean a black powder rifle and show just how easy it is. Here is a pic of my first ever shot out of my .54 hawken. The ler scope came off right after and the sights were put back on and its just way more fun that way.We filled up every can,jug, non glass bottle with water and what a peacefull way to shoot targets at 5 am on a Sunday morning..