View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 08:13 AM

Default Something strange here...

O.K. when there are non confidence votes and no one wants an election, the party whips carefully count the votes for and against the government. If necessary some MPs are absent. It is as chance for the losers in parlament to vote against the government.

In a minority government this can bring down the government if someone counts wrong.

What happened here is that the Bloc voted with the government and the NDP, I think the green party diod too. This is very strange as Drewski says everyone should be voting against the government.

I hear that most Canadians are getting a rebate from this so called tax. I don't really understand it but is that why the Bloc voted with the government?

I have never seen the Bloc (another way of saying PC in Quebec) vote against the PCs or for a Liberal government. Why didn't all the parties in opposition vote non confidence.

I'll have to start paying more attention, I guess when I knew it would fail I stopped reading. To deafeat this government you need help from Quebec,