View Single Post
Old 04-30-2023, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Who would have thought a couple of weeks ago.
I did.

I knew they weren't gonna go all the way. But I thought it would of happened in the later rounds, not in the first.

It's been over a decade since the Presidents Trophy winner won the cup too, but none of those teams did what Boston did this year, they were a LEGIT Juggernaut.. But when a team dominates the way they did all year they can forget that the Playoffs are a WHOLE different animal and there's a reason we play the games.

Tkachuk did something this year that he would NEVER be able to do with the Flames and that's go to the second round of the playoffs twice in one decade, he did it in back to back years.

I also called the Toranna win, they were just a better team than the Lightning this year. Law of averages, they had to win eventually..

I can see Toranna winning the next round too. Again, I'm not AT ALL a Leaf fan, or want to see that happen. I just call em like I see em.

Last night on SportsNet out of the 12 headline stories, 6 of them were about the Leaves. The Oilers and Jets each got ONE article even though the Oilers also punched their ticket to the second round.

It's not so much the team I hate, it's the Toranna-centric media, and some of their over the top delusional fans sure don't help but every fan base has those fans, the Leaves just seem to have a LOT more of them.

Hopefully the Kraken can pull it off too and send the Avs packin.

Round two is gonna be exciting, every team left standing has as good of a shot at the cup as any other team, no more Dragon's left to slay..