View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 11:45 AM

You'll have fun - those are great boats. I used a 13 year old one for a couple of years. They almost handle like a float tube on a lake. I used mine primarily for lake fishing so can't offer any specific advice to floating the Bow.

I added a couple of small blocks/pulleys to guide the anchor rope (blue) to a cleat up front beside the storage bag. See photo. A friend created a metal tray to replace the netting behind the seat. Perfect for a battery.

I picked up a used Launching Gear Wheel from Kijiji. Fantastic product but a little pricey new. I would put everything on the boat at my truck, including motor and battery, then walk the boat to the launch and take off. I switched to a frameless Outcast Scout now but just added some plastic dolly wheels to my motor mount, primarily because of my previous experience with the Launching Wheel. Website is http://www.launchinggear.com

I used Scotty mounts for a rod holder on one of the foot rests and for a mount for my Fishin Buddy sonar for lakes.

Note that my layout for anchor rope routing, rod holder, etc. is based on me being left-handed!
Good luck
Ken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4 Cargo tray 1 Anchor pulleys SMALL.jpg (49.8 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 8 Launching Gear Extended Small.jpg (88.6 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg 2 IMG_1154 SMALL.jpg (77.8 KB, 115 views)